Saturday, February 19, 2011

hidden forest towers, awesome music, feet, ladybugs, and acid trips...ooooh dear

Ok, so first off let me apologize for kind of disappearing for a couple weeks or so. Work has been busy and then when I'm home I am usually editing pictures or simply lazing around playin games on my new TV, or figuring out this new phone. But then when I wasn't doing that I was on netflix blasting through this insanely hilarious show called 'Blue Mountain State." The show is basically about the inside life of a stereotypical national champion football team at a party-college. It's completely out of line 102% of the time but is also one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. especially once you realize that even the brightest stars on the team end up being complete retards as soon as they open their mouths, like this guy!

 And upon watching the show I came to realize how much I love their opening theme, so I did some searching and now have it set as my alarm clock. check it out!




And before all the BMS frenzy started, I actually had a pretty fun time at the beach with Momo trying to get pictures of her feet from 1 inch off the ground.

Standing on the edge of eternity

But as I was laying down taking the shots I noticed dozens of little ladybugs swarming me, and crawling all over Momo's feet as well. Since I had the macro lens ready, I snapped it on and started going crazy with the ladies! At one point Momo had 4 of them on her arm and face, it was soooo cute! However, up close they are still, in fact, BUGS, so you may or may not agree with the cute part here:

My fair lady...-bug


So back to current affairs; This week it has been raining non-stop for the last 5 days. UGH! You see, normally I love the rain, but today I'm supposed to go out for a photo project and, well, that's just not going to happen. So I have to find some way to get creative in my room/mini-studio. Sigh.

But since I'm in a lazy mood today I resorted to just playin some guitar and workin out, since I haven't done much of either in a while. So that's what I've been doin today, though I'm not sure what I'm going to do once I post this blog. Any suggestions? Home alone on a rainy day with a busted ankle and Momo is in vegas, so I'm running low on creative juices. Maybe some cheerios will help...

*****UPDATE:  I posted this blog and then walked outside to grab my camera from my car so it doesn't get soaked and BOOOOOOM lightning! I know exactly what I'm doin for the rest of the day. If you don't know, lightning is my absolute FAVORITE subject to photograph and simply to be around. I hope it keeps up until dark I'd love to go to the beach and get some lightning shots from the mountain top, as long as camera doesn't get too wet!

2 comments:

  1. Lady bugs are so adorable from far away but your shot... not so cute anymore. I am so glad you found something to do because I am at a loss for rainy days. I love the photos :D

    http://jax9126.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jax Thanks. I actually had to pic a smaller pic of the ladybug to turn in because the class is tired of me grossing them out with all these close ups of peoples eyes and skin and bugs. i guess i like that macro lens way too much haha, so this week im gonna turn in the other awesome shots i got from friday and today, ill post em soon. :)

    ReplyDelete